Chicken Cutlets with Spinach & Mozzarella
Parslied new potatoes would round out this delightful dinner.
4 chicken breast cutlets (3 ounces each)
2 tablespoons flour
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 cup chopped mushrooms
3 scallions, thinly sliced
2 cloves garlic, minced
3/4 teaspoon oregano
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 pound spinach, stemmed
1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella (2 ounces)
1. Dredge the chicken in the flour, shaking off the excess. Preheat the broiler.
2. In a large nonstick skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook until golden brown and cooked through, about 2 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate.
3. Add the mushrooms, scallions, oregano, salt, and pepper, and cook, stirring frequently until the mushrooms are soft, about 5 minutes.
4. Add the spinach, cover, and cook until the spinach has wilted, about 3 minutes.
5. Place the chicken on the broiler pan. Top the chicken with the spinach-mushroom mixture. Sprinkle the mozzarella on top and broil 4 to 6 inches from the heat until the cheese has melted, about 2 minutes.
Makes 4 servings.
Per serving: 209 calories, 7.2g total fat (2.5g saturated), 58mg cholesterol, 4g dietary fiber, 10g carbohydrate, 28g protein, 359mg sodium.